Car Accident Physical Therapy
Injuries from a car accident can be extremely stressful, troublesome and painful. The pain from your injuries can conflict with your day to day life and progress over time, which is why it is essential to receive care as soon as possible. When assessing care options, you may wonder what type of care will best reduce your acute pain, as well as produce permanent relief in the long run. Research shows that there are many benefits to receiving physical therapy care within 96 hours after you are in a motor vehicle accident.
Why Choose Physical Therapy When You’ve Been in a Car Accident?
- At Flicker Physical Therapy, our therapists always perform a meticulous examination of your injuries and decide the best course of action to provide the most beneficial symptom relief. We obtain information about your medical history, the type, and severity of the accident, and other types of treatment you are receiving in combination with your physical therapy to determine what treatments, exercises, and modalities will be most helpful with your healing.
- Acute treatment may include manual therapies (which may include manipulations, strain-counterstrain, or other hands-on techniques), light pumping exercises, and/or microcurrent.
- Long term treatment may include manual therapies and/or specific strengthening exercises to minimize long term discomfort.
- Studies have shown that physical therapy is effective in treating whiplash injuries because it prescribes active treatment which includes physical therapy evaluation, posture control, neck rotation and pumping exercises, strengthening exercises, and other treatments depending on the needs of the patient. Again, for best treatment results, active care ideally begins within 96 hours of the accident.
- Whether your injuries are joint, muscle, neurological, whiplash or vestibular-ocular we are prepared to treat you quickly and efficiently.